Welcome to the Cloud Help. We try to make your introduction to OpenStack here as smooth and easy as possible. In order for you to use our Dashboard, obviously you need login credentials. If you don’t have any but are sure you have an account with us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org right away.
In short, however you can look at Openstack and our Infrastructure as all the pieces you need to build a network of computers, without having to actually build them. Everything is done intuitively and through a web interface. You will need a CPU, Some memory, a Harddrive, an Operating System and then going on to a Network connection and ultimately Internet access. We even give you advanced features such as automate that “assembly” or even build your own container infrastructure. All this is done in a matter of minutes with simple clicks. If you are unsure where to start, why not hop into the first section, the Dashboard and get familiar with the interface.
- The Dashboard, Main Introdcution
- The Instances, the computers you own or have built and are working for you
- The Images, Operating Systems available for your deployment
- The Flavors, what computers are made of
- The Volumes, the hard-drives for your computers
- Security Groups, your friendly neighborhood firewall
- The Networks , your machine inter-connectivity
- The Routers, your connectivity between networks and the internet
- Floating IPs, Access your machine from anywhere, any time… but be careful
Now that you have read the basics for each section, lets build our first instance
- Build your instance from the ground up
- Add a second instance to your environment